Updates and inspiration

Here we are for some updates.

The dress known as “sister of the bride’s” is going on and, surprisingly, quite quickly. As a matter of fact it is almost done, I am now completing attaching the bias strips to finish the armhole edges.

Finally, in addition to tightening it on the back (blending it a little bit at the zipper), I pinched it a little bit also on both sides at the waist, to achieve a more tight fit.

Soon I will add a photo of the finished project, worn by me.

Now I have to start thinking about the shrug and the clutch, and about the trousers for children, for which I chose the pattern no. 20 from October Design magazine 3/2012.

The Flamingos Cotton + Steel fabric designed by Rifle Paper Co. has arrived and I have to say that is even better than in pictures! It is really soft and smooth to the touch, the quality is visibly high, also, it is not so sheer as I feared. In conclusion, it is truly a wonderful fabric and as soon as I will be finished with all this “sister wedding sewing” I will dive into the project of spring top or blouse.

My youngest child has grown up and needs some light trousers for spring and even some tee-shirts. On March 2017 Burdastyle issue there is a beautiful pattern for pants that is just right and I think next weekend if I find some free time I will stitch up one or two pieces that he could wear next week at the kindergarten.

Burda 3-17 mod 129

Speaking about the plans for spring sewing I am very inspired by this dress:

Abito Zara maniche volant

I really like that it is quite wide and therefore easily wearable, then clearly I love the detail of the sleeves. To realize it I could use Laurel by Colette Patterns, or Saiph Tunic by Papercut Patterns, that I have at home but never used yet, and I cannot wait to try.

I would like to sew a couple of these dresses, one solid maybe and the other one patterned.

Then I would like to make a pair or two of slim pants perhaps using Clover by Colette Patterns, which I tried last year, but that did not satisfy me 100%, because the pants that I realized came out a little bit wide at the thighs (probably, it might have been necessary to make some pattern alterations), or using one of plenty Burdastyle magazine patterns I have.

After a short search I found this pattern:

Burda 2-14 129B
Burdastyle magazine 2/2014 no. 129 AB

The effect that I would like to get is something like this:

pantaloni a sigaretta

Although I also love the combination with the ballerinas.

Stop it now with projects and dreams, because the wedding at the end of next month has the priority!